Nov 7, 2009

Lovin' Leo

I may have just found the single most embarrassing item of all my childhood relics.

Let me give you a little bit of a back story here. Back in the late nineties when I was about 7 or 8, I was a die-hard Titanic fan, and I was so in love with Leonardo DiCaprio that I would watch Titanic just to see him all jazzed up in that suit as Jack, wishing that I could PLEASE be Rose!

You can just imagine the look on my face one year when the annual book fair rolled around and the library was stocked with an arsenal of the Lovin' Leo Keepsake Scrapbooks... my life was complete. It had an "Awesome Pull-Out POSTER!" with faux lipstick kisses printed throughout. It was the Bible of biographies and I read it cover to cover, filling out the surveys in my messy primary school handwriting, often copying Leo's answers. According to one, both our favourite drinks were LOW FAT MILK WITH ICE. Anyone who knows me is well aware that I have despised milk my entire life, but ah, the things you do for love, right?!

Sometimes these things can make me laugh or cry, or cry with laughter at how much of a teenybopper I was. As my mother often says about these things - "Only you, Natalie, only you."

1 left me a comment:

Alexander Burnett said...

One day I will make drink milk Mrs DiCaprio!