Jan 15, 2010

Things I like About My Job

Here is my own edition of this post from the Secret Society of List Addicts, a wonderful little blog full of sweet, funny, serious, inspiring lists for every occasion (and non-occasion!).

So. On to the Things I like about my job.

1. I do not have one. That's right. I'm gloriously unemployed. But please sir! Wait! It's not all scrimping and saving, and eating crumbs from other people's dinner plates! I may not be able to afford that new Ferrari, but for the moment I like not having a boss and a schedule and a uniform. Humble yet comfortable.

2. The world is my office/oyster. I get to explore all day every day if I want, as if that isn't the best kind of workplace?! As long as there is enough money for a train fare (R.I.P car) I can go wherever my legs can carry me.

3. I can stay in my pyjamas if I want. All day. I can safely wear my purple mickey mouse pants and be lazy and nobody can tell me "take them off! They're faded and have a hole in the knee and don't comply with the company's dress code!"

4. I get to see my ladyfriends all the time. They're all kinds of charming, rude, hilarious, crazy, tall and short. I'm 100% sure they are much better company than co-workers, because co-workers won't parade around in their underwear or share their clothes.

5. I have endless time to read/write/paint/cook/clean/focus on my wall decorating skills. This is my favourite part. It's productive on a whole other non-work level. It's highly time consuming, and highly satisfying.

So the moral is - whatever you're doing today, whether you're working or not-working, embrace it!

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." (Buddha)


Photo by pavlunka @ flickr.com

0 left me a comment: